Friday, July 2, 2010

We had a group sharing in the fellowship tonight. It was a group discussion of how we can adjust our attitudes towards participation and what we can contribute to help the group in creating the group dynamics. As usual, I was not the active one. I took the role of a listener rather than an active one. I used to be the active one but ever since we switched group last year my participation in the group diminished. I actually see myself as an outgoing person. Maybe they see me as a reserved person most of the time. I'm not so sure why I have become a reserved person in their eyes. I see this change as a negative change. I deny the fact that I'm becoming a more reserved person. There are many things that I don't even know about myself, it's just merely because that I don't regconize myself. What happened to me? I don't know, all I know is I must be willing to break my comfort zone in order to change. When I was a little, people said I was overly active. I don't wanna be the one who stays in her comfort zone, that little area in the corner where no one would go near. what I gotta admit is I feel more comfortable when happens to network and socialize with people. But I just can't be who I really am when participating in the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment